Toulouse, FranceIf you are planning to take a trip to France then you have to pass by the gorgeous city of Toulouse. Found in southwestern France, it is the main city in the Haute-Garrone department. And although it is not as popular as Paris, it is as magical and breathtaking in Toulouse. It is about 590km from Paris and you may travel from Paris to Toulouse either via train or plane. Of course going by plane is faster (about 1 hour and 20 minutes) but a longer train ride (around 5 hours) will allow you to enjoy the scenic views of France. The beautiful countryside scenery just makes time fly! Whichever way you decide to take though, you are bound to have a great time in Toulouse France.
Best Time to Visit Toulouse
The beauty of the city never changes and traveling any time of the year is possible. Of course every traveler has his own considerations so here are some you might want to look into:
* Climate. One of the priorities you need to look into is Toulouse France weather. Toulouse has a temperate climate. What this means is that it does not get extremely hot or cold. You could enjoy visiting during the summer (July - August) which also gets hot and humid or you could visit during spring and autumn (May and October) when the weather is sunny but more pleasant.
* Tourists. Summer brings in a lot of tourists while the shoulder seasons will allow you to enjoy Toulouse travel in a more intimate and less crowded manner.
Must Do Activities
There are numerous things to do in Toulouse. Whether you are traveling on your own, with your friends, or with your family, there are activities for everyone to enjoy. Here are just some of the must see sights and visits you need to know of:
* Top tourist spots. One of the hidden gems of France, this city boasts of world class tourist attractions that draw more and more people every year. Some of the best places you need to visit include the Canal du Midi Toulouse France, Basilique Saint-Sernin, Musee des Augustins, Place du Capitole, the Roman Ampitheatre of Toulouse-Purpan, the Cathedrale Saint-Etienne, Les Abattoirs Modern Art Museum, La Cite de l'Espace, and the Musee Departemental de la Resistanceet de la Deportation Jean-Philippe.
* Top places to eat. Just like other places in France, the food in Toulouse will surely not disappoint you. One of this city's specialties is duck and they have different ways of serving it to please the palette. Some of best places to eat in Toulouse include Michel SARRAN, Le Ksar, La Preference, Les Copains d'abord, Le Maharaja, Le Sans Mensonge, Meet the Meat, La Faimdes Haricots, Petite Bacchus et Ses Agapes, Le Poisson Vagabond, l'amphytrion, and Chez Emile.
* Top places to shop. Every vacation includes some kind of shopping. Don't worry as there are a lot of quality and inexpensive places to buy different items in Toulouse. You may ask Toulouse information and they would be very helpful in pointing you to the right place depending on what you intend to buy. Some the best places to shop include Delices de Tunis, Marche Biologique du Capitole, Ombres Blanches, Marche des Carmes, Fleuree de Pastel, and Photo Carmes.
* Top places to visit at night. Locals enjoy dancing and partying and there are plenty of great places to have fun at night in Toulouse. Various bars and restaurants stay open until late into the night and there are also a lot of cafes that are wonderful places to hangout. If you plan to enjoy the night scene though, it is important to note that most bars and clubs are closed during Sundays. For other nights, you may visit La Capriciosa, El Cubano, Saint Sernin, Le Frigo, Bodega Bodega, and Cale Seche.
Best Hotels in Toulouse
Depending on your budget, Toulouse offers various places in which you can stay at. From cheap, reasonable, to luxurious hotels, you can most likely find a place to stay in within your budget. If you are looking for a hotel in Toulouse, look into these choices:
* Hotel de Toulouse
* Crowne Plaza Toulouse France
* Pullman Toulouse Centre
* Le Grand Balcon
* Courtyard by Marriott Toulouse Airport
* St. Claire Hotel
* Residhome Privilege Toulouse Occitania
* Hotel Palladia Toulouse
* Hotel des Capitouls
* Hotel Athenee
* Hotel Jean Mermoz
* La Bombardiere Chez Alain
Your next visit to France should definitely include a fun and exciting stay in Toulouse. From hotels to food to shopping, you are bound to have a grand experience.